Followers

Monday 12 February 2018

Daffodils for a Happy Easter

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends

How was you weekend? I hope you did something nice and that the weather didn't interfere with your plans too much. We had a lovely time at the party to celebrate the 70th Wedding Anniversary of my parents in-law. It is a fantastic achievement and it was lovely for them to be surrounded by their family and friends. The actual anniversary is on Wednesday and I will share the card I made for them then.

I have made a start on my Easter cards. Usually I start them a bit sooner than this. I think because the weather has been so dull I just haven't thought about it.


When I make card with apertures I am  left with all the inners of the circles (in this case). Well being me they all match and they are too good to not put on a card. I have also found that I can use the Double Pierced Square dies to make mats that completely cover my card blank. 


So in the middle of the circle I added a mat of the backing paper I had chosen. To this I added die cuts of the Spring Daffodils by Creative Expressions. The bow is one from Crafter's Companion. 


The sentiment came from a different die set from Creative Expressions. 


This is definitely a one off I won't be making another card like this one. I do like using up the left over bits from other cards.  I now have the artwork for the wedding invitations I am making for a nephew and his fiancee so I can begin work on those soon. 


Have a great week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie


Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

Lovely card Jackie, and a great way to use up left overs. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Emma Goddard said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the daffodils xx

Laine said...

Such lovley die cut detail Jackie.
Laine
x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

so many great die cuts on this card Jackie and lovely layout

linby said...

This is lovely so pretty.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful xoxo

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a super card and a wonderful way to use up your snippets.
Love all the wonderful layers and the gorgeous Daffs .
That die cut sentiment is so lovely too.
I was born in Wales so Daffs are definitly one of my fave flowers.
I also have a big blow up Daff that I put on my front door on St David's Day.
Just to celebrate the day.
My 3 children were born in Wales also, and their Dad used to play rugby.
So glad all went well with the party on the weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the flowers x

Brawny x said...

Fab card Jackie. X

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely circular card, Jackie!

Di said...

Lovely card Jackie and great use of snippets as well. You reminded me of a daffodil die I hardly ever use - I think mine's a Joanna Sheen one. One the other hand, I don't really send out Easter cards - perhaps I should make one just to celebrate the promise of Spring!

Hugs

Di xx

The Craft Princess said...

Very nice Easter card! I love all the layers. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Beeceecreativity said...

super cute.... fun design.. thanks for joining us at Crafters Castle Challenges.