Followers

Sunday 1 October 2017

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog - October Challenge

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends

Happy Sunday and welcome to October. It is proper Autumn now. The bunnies went home yesterday.  Now I just have the room to clear.

The new challenge starts on the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog and the theme is Anything Goes and this time the sponsor is Rick St Dennis. I was able to choose an image from the fabulous store to use for my card. The prize it two images from the store for the winner.


I found the dark snowflake paper in my stash. I used rich gold and reds for the mats and layers. 


There are many wonderful images in the store to suit all tastes. If you click on the image you should be taken to the store. 



This image is called Angel Wreath and it is on sale here.  I printed it onto to card and I coloured it with my Promarkers. I cut is out with my ScanNcut as like how you can leave a border round the image. If I did this by hand it would not be even. 



Now I had coloured the image and I thought it needed a message in the centre. I would not have attempted this without my Tim Holtz's Stamping platform because I could put the stamp exactly where I wanted it and if I missed a bit it was easy to restamp. I am finding the platform such a useful tool. Finally I sprayed the whole image with Spray and Sparkle. 


Now I did start with a smaller image but I decided to go larger for my main card. Well you know I don't like anything to go to waste I made a smaller card with the off cuts from the bigger cards. I had to use a different stamp for the sentiment the other one didn't fit. 


Here they are together. They will both sent out this Christmas. My husband even remarked that he liked the bigger card and usually he doesn't say anything unless asked directly. 
Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

26 comments:

Wendy L said...

Wonderful cards Jackie, I can't waste anything either, xxx

Carole J said...

Love your Angel Wreath card, Jackie. It's beautifully designed! Lucky you to have a Scan n Cut machine - I'm officially envious :) xx

Tracy Welham said...

Absolutely gorgeous, lovely festive card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, great colouring and suer baking paper. Hugs Jennifer xx

Laine said...

Such a cutie Jackie. Lovely festive feel!
Laine
xx

ALI said...

Lovely card, love the image and colouring in.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie....sweet images...Joolsx

Lyndas Crafty Hall said...

So beautiful x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and sweet Jackie
Gr Karin

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
super cards and your designs are ace.
Love that wreath and the cute little cherub Angels are so sweet.
Super colouring in also.
Did you know you have won the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Alison59 said...

Superb cards Jackie; both large and small :-)

Karenzkardz said...

Cute and festive xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the wreath
Hugs
Linda xxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

A fabulous card Jackie, love the image you have used.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, such a happy, sweetly angelic Christmas Wreath, Jackie! I love the traditional colors, and the lovely wintry background. hugs, de

Carol S. said...

A great fun card and the angles are so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland and hope you will join us again, Carol S. DT.

Shabneez said...

Fantastic card Jackie - love that image. Hope you're not missing the bunnies too much! Shabneez x

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card, I love those sweet angels!!

karenlotty said...

Very cute I love how you've used your ScanNcut and left a border Can I ask what size offset did you choose? It's perfect At the loment I am using mine mainly for mats and frames (saves faffing around trying to line two dies up) but whenever I try to cut an image I either use too narrower border or too big - which can be trimmed down of course! I need to be more adventurous with ScanNcut

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. A fabulous image and lovely paper xx

Katie said...

Sweet card

Em Louise Fairley said...

Both are so cute xoxo

Jan said...

This is lovely xx Jan

Furrbster said...

This is really sweet - thanks for playing along at I Love Promarkers,

hugz Tinz

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

awe, what a cute image today Jackie. Lovely card

Pat K said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x