Followers

Friday 24 February 2017

Elegant Wedding Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

It is the last day of the half term holiday just the weekend to go now. We are heading off to Bristol later this morning.  We will be staying in the hotel we will be using for the wedding so that we can check things out. On Saturday we will be visiting the company who we are hiring the chairs from. It is going to be busy.

One of the ladies at work is getting married soon. It is only going to be a small affair but I wanted to make her a card. She showed me a picture of her dress and I used the colours as inspiration for this card.


I took an 8" x 8" card blank and trimmed it down to 7" x 7". I found two sheets of the pink card in my stash for the mats and layers. The paper came from a pad by Wild Rose Studios I am using these papers for our daughter's wedding. For the background detail I used the corner die from the French Collection Border Corner Tag die set by Creative Expressions. 


I cut the sentiment with the Expressions Ornate Oval On Your Special Day die set from Creative Expressions. I do cut these sorts of details from centre of the mats below to save card. 


I used a piece of matching paper and a Deep Punch around the page punch set to create the border. I added a plan square that I inked around the edge so I can write a message. 


I hope she likes this card. I isn't long till her wedding now they have only been planning it for a few weeks. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie


Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

Wendy L said...

So beautiful, how can she not like it, xxx

Shabneez said...

A very pretty card Jackie. Enjoy the weekend and glad to hear all the wedding plans are coming together. Shabneez x

KarinsArtScrap said...

elegant and gorgeous Jackie
Gr Karin

Donna Ellis said...

She will treasure the card, Jackie - such elegance in the way the layers are done - WONDERFUL card! I'm getting old I guess LOL your blog has such tiny lettering, that it's hard to read. So I increase my browser to read, and then put it back to normal size. I hope the trip to Bristol was enjoyable! hugs, de

Unknown said...

Beautiful wedding card Jackie, love the design and colour. Have a wonderful weekend and hope the hotel lives up to what you expect. Hugs Jennifer xx

Lori Kobular said...

Absolutely gorgeous Wedding card!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous wedding card Jackie, love the colour and design. I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

Beautiful colour and design.

pam said...

Beautiful wedding card Jackie, love the dies and colours used.
Pam x

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning love this amazing design fab dies love and hugs Carole x

Stamping Bubbles said...

A very pretty card Jackie, I love the shades of pink you have used.
Have a lovely weekend, it sounds like another busy one.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

karenlotty said...

She wil love it Hope the week end goes well
PS I loved your little hedgehog card too

Andree said...

A beautiful card Jackie. The soft pinks, die-cuts and punched frame are all gorgeous. Enjoy your busy weekend xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Stunning die cuts and gorgeous color combo. Love the work

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Stunning die cuts and gorgeous color combo. Love the work

Karenzkardz said...

Very elegant and serene colour combo xx

Paper and Stuff said...

Love the colours you've chosen, Jackie. Really pretty card. x

Kathy said...

Soft, pretty and romantic - just perfect for a wedding, really!

Herbaholic said...

Such a pretty card Jackie :) Hope you had a fab time at the hotel and everything is as it should be :) Hugs - Debs x

Alison59 said...

Such an elegant card :-)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie. Love the die cuts.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

Jan said...

Love this Jackie xx Jan

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and love all the texture on this thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week and good luck in the draw.

Planetsusie said...

Oh my word Jackie this really is so beautiful. I hadn't realised that this was a corner die until I read your description underneath - such a brilliant use of this one. Fabulous creation missus!! Hugs to you Sue Pxxx