Followers

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Crafts Galore Encore - Kenny K Mermaid

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? Where did January go? I can't believe we at February already.

On the first of the month the new challenge starts on the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge blog the theme is Anything Goes and the sponsor is Kenny K stamps.


The background was created with inky kitchen roll. It was a piece that I had used to clear up after I had been using some Brushos to create a background for another card. The kitchen roll is left to dry. When it is dry the two pieces are pulled apart and then each piece  is glued to a sheet of card. So you get two from one sheet of kitchen roll. This is a technique I saw John Lockwood use. I love it because you don't waste the lovely inky colours. I added die cuts to make it look more like it is underwater. 


Kenny K Stamps is our kind sponsor this month. The digital stamps are available from his store



This die is one of the ones designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. 


I was so lucky that I was able to choose an image this time. She is called Mermaid and she was a delight to colour. I did use my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. She was also cut out with my ScanNcut I wanted the even while border that you can get.  She is available here http://www.kennykstamps.com/mermaid-fantasy-paper-crafts-card-making-digi-stamp-by-kennyk-stamps/


I did enjoy making this card the mermaid is a lot of fun. 

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and love the background Jackie.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carole J said...

A stunning card, Jackie. I love the background you made for this gorgeous mermaid. x

Alison59 said...

What a great way of making a background; so effective. Super card :-)

karenlotty said...

I agree where did January go! I did wonder if you'd cut "her" out with something like a SanNCut - still trying to get my head around mine! It's a beautiful card and love your "sea" like background

Laine said...

Such a fun card Jackie. Your mermaid is lovely.
Laine
xx

Unknown said...

A great use of the kitchen roll!. A lovely fun mermaid design.
Amy x

Planetsusie said...

Hi there Jackie - when I saw your card in our Admin I wondered how you'd finished off the background, you said it was kitchen roll but the fact that it was then split and put onto card is a really brilliant idea (I haven't seen this before). I just love this one and those colours are definitely ones I have seen in the seas where I have been lucky to have paddled! I'm gonna have a go at this! Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

ALI said...

Lovely card, love the background!

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Jackie, what a wonderful background x

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jackie. The background and image look amazing xx

pam said...

Wonderful card Jackie, gorgeous background and image.
Like you I wonder where January went!
Pam x

Jan said...

Love this fab card xx Jan

Mrs A. said...

That is an absolutely brilliant idea to reuse the kitchen roll for not one but two backgrounds. I like the no waste. Very much me. Love your finished card and what a beautiful mermaid. Hugs Mrs A.

Rose Andrew said...

Absolutely Stunnj g loveing all the detail work .
Hugs Rose

Em Louise Fairley said...

Stunning card, Jackie. Love the use of the kitchen towel for the background.
Hugs,
Em xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous, the background is fabulous. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Donna Ellis said...

Whoa! Such splendid coloring, Jackie, and a fabulous backdrop directly behind your mermaid! Lovely and happy! Wishing you a wonderful day! hugs, de

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Stunning mermaid card. Beautiful background

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Stunning mermaid card. Beautiful background

Karenzkardz said...

This is gorgeous xxx

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 314 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Jackie. Love the colours and the background is so clever. Cathy x

Jean said...

Stunning card and what a brilliant technique.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean DT xxx

Helen said...

A great card, Jackie - thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Herbaholic said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning Jackie I love this creation so much! I've taken a leaf out of your book and been saving my pixie powdered/brusho soaked paper towels, as yet I haven't used them but they look amazing, can't believe I used to throw them away. I have a fab project in mind, just need to put it together. I love the Mermaid stamp and the colouring is gorgeous :) Hugs - Debs x