Followers

Friday 5 February 2016

Alphabet Challenge Blog - Letter Y - You Choose!

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you have had a good week and are ready for the weekend ahead. We will be visiting my parents on Saturday and hopefully doing some last minute shopping for our holiday which is next week. I am really looking forward to going on holiday.

A new challenge starts today on the Alphabet Challenge Blog. The letter is Y and the theme is You Choose so anything goes. All the design team makes are quite different so it is worth having a look at the blog.

I was asked to make another one of my pop-up box cards for a friend's daughter's special birthday.


This card was made from an A4 sheet of card. All the measurements and instructions to make this can be found on a page at the top of my blog. That page is the most popular thing that has ever been put on my blog it has had over 1000 views. 


The butterflies were cut with some Sue Wilson dies, the numbers were cut with some X-cut die.  The flowers were made with a punch that embosses. Each flower is made of two punched flowers and they were inked with Distress ink and a pearl was added to the middle to finish  them off. 


I like the back panel to stay upright, when the card is opened,  to make a backdrop. 


This is one of the side panels once I had done the embossing I used gilding wax to highlight the detail and add to the shine. 


Here you can see how the embellishments are attached to the internal slats. 



It is just so great that these cards fold flat. 


I was very pleased with how this card turned out and so was my friend. People do seem to like these cards for special occasions. 


Have a great day. 

Happy Crafting.

Hugs Jackie

38 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning box its a lovely design so special Have a great weekend Love and hugs Carole x

Basslady said...

what a work of art!wow!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Laine said...

Stunning Jackie. Wonderful layers and detail.
Laine
xx

Alison59 said...

Wow Jackie, another stunning creation from you :-)

Di said...

LOVE this Jackie! So pretty and wonderful colours you've used too. You don't say that it's to be entered into the Playground, although you did link. And, this really would be perfect for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge as the free flying butterflies fit in with her theme of 'undulating'!.

I did giggle about the pop up box tute having the most hits on your blog - and I can well imagine it. Guess what's top on my blog? A recipe for liver and bacon casserole! :) Tee, hee.

Hugs

Di xx

Jackie T said...

I have just edited my post to say that it is entered into the playground. You responded very quickly. I am impressed. Hugs xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous boxcard Jackie with lots of fab details.
Gr Karin

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful pop up box Jackie, I love the flowers and butterflies and the wonderful colours
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Jackie love all the elements. Hugs xx

Brawny x said...

Jackie this is absolutely amazing. What a beautiful box card. The details are fab x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pop up card Jackie, love the colours. Hugs Jennifer xx

Kathy said...

Wonderful project Jackie

Gwyneth said...

Realy lovely pop-out box card. I love the colours and the greeting die is a very elegant font.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, Just love these pop up box cards. fabulous style and design, Love the colours.

Jade

Kate M said...

Great pop up box card, love it!! Great design and choice of colours.
xx

JayBe said...

Such a stunning card/gift, Jackie - love all those little 'pop-up' elements inside.
Hugz, Jan xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! I love these pop-up cards.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

This is beautiful, they always looks very effective.

Mrs A. said...

I was hoping that someone would pick up on using the box technique for the undulating theme on my challenge. Love how you have made this one and those panels on the sides are perfect. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A.

pam said...

Beautiful pop up box Jackie, lovely flowers and colours.
Hugs Pam x

Andree said...

A wonderful pop up box card Jackie. The die-cuts are fabulous and I love the embossed panels xx

Andree said...

A wonderful pop up box card Jackie. The die-cuts are fabulous and I love the embossed panels xx

Zoe said...

Wow! What a fantastic Pop-up box, they look such fun, xx Zoe xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a brilliant creation.
Great use of everything, and such a wonderful design.
Thank you for joining the Butterfly Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Sarn said...

Fantastic pop-up box. Bound to be a hit with the recipient. xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

WOW WOW WOW Jackie, triple wow on this one. There's just so many amazing details from the embossed panels to those gorgeous flowers and layered butterflies. Amazing work

Alizabethy said...

what a stunning piece of work!

Janet Packer said...

Beautiful card Jackie, and a lot of work!

Donna Ellis said...

Jackie, beautiful AND fun! Lovely pearl-centered flowers, and so delicately placed is your floral arrangement and butterflies. Wonderful colors, and pretty embossed sides. I have not made a pop up box card yet! I'm inspired. Hugs, de

karyn said...

Stunning!

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful box card....love the colours together and the flowers and butterflies...Joolsx

Anonymous said...

ive yet to make one of these, they always looks so good, do like yours

Marie said...

This is stunning. I haven't made one of these yet but I would love to try.

Dawn said...

Hee Hee, me again! Love it Jackie, I've still not tried one of these, I just don't seem to have the time to play any more!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lori Kobular said...

Love the embossing on your gorgeous card! Those butterflies are gorgeous too! Love that it is a pop-up card!

Angela said...

Beautiful box card and lovely photo's showing all the angles. Hope you have a fabulous holiday x

applejack cards by sue said...

This is wonderful! I am so impressed with all the details and gorgeousness. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Fabulous card, I love these pop up boxes and your tutorial is my go to one. Your instructions are so easy to follow, so a huge thank you from me.
Love and hugs
Diane xxxx